Saturday, September 1, 2007

Launch day decided

D-Day is Oracle OPen World


shapeimage_1.jpg
So, there we have it a launch day is decided. Initially when the first lines of code were written on Memorial day weekend in 2007 the first date I came up with was 1st August 2007. Well writing today I guess I have missed that mark by some way. In reality this first date was not motivated by anything else than picking a date.

Given the work at hand is targeted initially at Oracle, it started to make a great deal of sense to launch in time for OOW. There will be 10,000 people attending and its a prime time for some gorilla marketing. Hey, I’m a bootstrap so I don’t have a penny to spend on this sort of stuff so lets make it as cheap as possible.

So, just 10 weeks left to get everything done. The task completed list has not grown :-(

No comments: