Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Let the games begin

Day #1 (Well not quite)


So here we are, commemorating the first breaths of MyVirtual-Lab.com. You can read all about what the company is trying to do at www.myvirtual-lab.com these pages are here to document my trials and tribulations of trying to make this bootstrap work. Perhaps we can reflect on these days when we get past the 1000th employee...


So you can see my desk above. I used the wall behind as my work pad, making the most out of what 3M had to offer. This even extended to designing the whole UI on Post-It notes can you can see to the below!

Final UI design for the

The work pad wall is a great reminder of what is left to do, but sadly the wall to my right as I work is a sad reminder of what I have got done. Its kind-of-sad to look at right now as you can see.

Tasks completed.jpg

Finally, as you can see above, the first Production box arrived. I guess that was the trigger for the blog since it made it feel like the project was well, getting real. Anyway, I figured that I wanted to run this all virtualized since I had no clear idea what I was going to run out of first, web servers, MySQL slaves who knows. Figured if I had it all virtualized then I can just spin up some new containers as and when needed. So its a nice 8 core 3.0GHz MacPro... refurbished so it was a *steal*.

Configuring the first production server.jpg

No comments: